Your breast lift consultation is the perfect opportunity to learn about your chosen surgeon, the operation itself and the recovery. There is so much ground to cover, and Dr. Ary Krau wants you to make the most of your time. Asking the right questions is key. Use these questions as a guide during your breast lift consultation.
The Surgeon’s Background and Experience
- Where did you attend medical school and complete your plastic surgery training?
- Did you finish any additional specialty training?
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Do you belong to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Are you licensed to practice medicine in this state?
- Do you have hospital privileges?
The Breast Lift Operation
- How many breast lift procedures have you performed?
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast lift?
- Are my surgical goals reasonable?
- Based on my goals, would you advise the placement of implants in addition to breast lift?
- How can I prepare for the operation?
- Are there medications I need to stop taking before surgery?
- Where will my surgery be performed? Is the facility accredited?
- What are my anesthesia options?
- Where will my incisions be placed?
- Can you outline the basic surgical techniques you will use?
- What are the risks of surgery? How do you reduce them?
- What kind of help will I need as I recover?
- How soon can I shower after surgery?
- How much time do I need to take off work?
- When can I resume exercise after surgery?
- When can I resume driving after surgery?
- Will I have drains?
- Will my sutures dissolve by themselves?
- When do I return for a follow-up visit?
- How long can I expect bruising and swelling to persist?
- Will I need to wear a special bra? If so, for how long?
- What is the best way to get in touch with your team if I have a question during my recovery?
- May I see before-and-after photographs of your breast lift patients?
- What kind of results can I expect?
- Can I breastfeed after breast lift?
- How will my lifted breasts look over time?
- Do you foresee the need for additional surgery in the future?
- How do you handle complications?
- What happens if I am unhappy with my results?
If you don’t already have a breast lift consultation on your calendar, call our office at (305) 861-6881 to request an appointment.