We all want a flat, toned stomach, but sometimes it’s hard to find time for the gym. Luckily, not all workouts require expensive or complicated gym machines. The following moves can help flatten your tummy, and can easily be added to your workout regimen. All you need is some floor space to lie down, a mat for extra comfort if you’d like and a couple of minutes out of your day.
- Kneel with your right leg extended to the side, toes pointed forward.
- Place your hands behind your head, elbows out.
- Keep your spine straight and your abdominal muscles activated.
- Bend your torso to the right.
- Return to an upright position.
- Repeat this move for 15 reps.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Lie down on your back with your feet on the ground, knees bent, your hands at your sides and palms facing down.
- Exhale as you raise your head and shoulders off the mat.
- Pump your arms six inches up and down, reaching forward with your fingertips.
- Breathe in for five pumps, making sure to curl your chin in toward your chest.
- Continue to do this for 100 pumps or 10 full breaths.
Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
- Start on all fours, with your knees under your hips, your wrists under your shoulders and your back as flat and neutral as possible.
- Raise your right arm in front of you to shoulder height and your left leg behind you to hip height.
- Hold for two seconds, engaging your core muscles as you reach forward with your fingers and back with your heels.
- Repeat this exercise on the opposite side.
- Alternate sides for 15 to 20 reps.
- Sit on the floor with legs extended and pressed together.
- Lean back at a 45 degree angle, relying on your hips for support.
- Bring your arms over your head like a ballerina, with your abdominal muscles contracted.
- Slowly twist your torso to the right, while placing your right arm on the mat.
- Keep your left arm lifted over your head for three counts.
- Alternate sides for two sets of six to eight reps on each side.
- Start in a pushup position with your palms on the floor beneath your shoulders.
- Keep your spine aligned and as straight as possible and your hips in line with your shoulders.
- Hold for 30 seconds, with your abs contracted and fully engaged.
Need Help Losing Stubborn Fat?
Eating right and exercising are essential to your fitness, but even so, you may still have stubborn fat in your abdominal area. If this is the case, consider reaching out to Dr. Ary Krau. With over two decades of plastic surgery experience, Dr. Krau can help you get the flat, toned stomach you desire with tummy tuck surgery. To learn more about tummy tuck or our other body contouring procedures, schedule a consultation today by calling (305) 861-6881.